Which Laptop Is Right For You?
You want a new laptop but you don’t know which one is best to suit your needs.
Here our quick-fire guide to helping tell the difference between a word-worthy computer and a game-gaining mate.
- The laptop in question should have a superior high-end graphics card or GPU.
- It should also have a high performance powerful processor.
- It needs to have plenty of memory, including dedicated video RAM.
- It requires a large hard drive to store the games themselves.
- You’ll probably also need a large high-resolution display which, preferably, should be backed up with HD technologies such as Blu-ray.
These five laptops all fit the bill:
- Asus G71Gx-A2
- Toshiba Qosmi X505 – Q850
- MSI GT740
- Rock X790 (Clevo D900F)
- Alienware M17x (if money is no object!)
Your best bet here might be an Apple Mac – the brand is renowned for its video editing and photography capabilities, and boasts tremendous colour rendition.
While Macs are tough, resilient creatures, when they do break down they often cost more to fix compared to PCs. That’s why gadget insurance is a must with any purchase.
Here, you’re looking for something cheap that can do exactly what you it to.
The top pick for specifications and price would have to be a Lenovo Ideapad G5600 – shop around and you’ll get this for £269 delivered. It comes with:
Processor: Intel Pentium P6200 2.13 GHz
RAM: 2GB in one slot (expandable to 8GB across 2)
Hard Drive: 320GB
Optical Drive: DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)
Display: Widescreen 15.6″ HD TFT (Resolution 1366×768)
Graphics: Intel GMA HD (integrated)
Included Software: Windows 7 Home Premium
There is also a built-in webcam for chatting to friends on Skype, so while this laptop would suit the sociable surfer down to the ground, if this is someone who might develop into becoming more of an avid applications user they won’t need to upgrade.
No matter what you opt for, remember that prevention is better than cure. Hard drives on computers can last 30 minutes or 30 years, but laptop insurance – which through www.protectyourbubble.com can commence from only £3.99 per month – means that while your computer may crash, your finances won’t.
You will be covered against theft, accidental and liquid damage and breakdown. For more information visit www.protectyourbubble.com/li-laptop-insurance.